Dept of Mathematics and Computer Science
My office hours for Fall 2013 are Monday 1-2pm, and Tuesday/Thursday 9-10:30am. I am available at other times by appointment.
The birank number of a graph
with Michael Fisher at WCUPA and Darren Narayan at Rochester
Institute of Technology in Congr. Numer. 204 (2010), 173-180.
- Maximum graphs with unique minimum dominating set
of size two
- with Nathan Shank here at Moravian College in the
Australasian journal of Combinatorics, Volume 46 (February 2010), Pages 91-99.
- Strong q-Convexity in Uniform Neighborhoods of Subvarieties in Coverings of Complex Spaces
a joint paper with Terrence Napier from Lehigh University which appeard in Mathematische Zeitschrift volume 265 (2010), no. 3, 653-685.
- Fractals in the Classroom
- a joint paper with Trisha Moller in Mathematics
Teacher, volume 102, no. 3 (October 2008).
- Culture Points: Engaging students
outside the classroom
a joint paper with Kevin Hartshorn from Moravian College which appeared in PRiMUS,
Volume XVII(2) (2007), pages 117-124.
Properties of Coverings of Complex Manifolds
- appeared in Mathematische Zeitschrift, Volume 254 (2006), no. 3,
Conjugacy and the 3x+1 Conjecture
My paper about the 3x+1 problem (also known as the Collatz
Conjecture). It was written as an undergraduate research project at the
University of Scranton with Ken
The Collatz Conjecture: A Conjugacy Approach by James T Long III
I advised Jamie in his honors project which he completed in December of 2008. In addition, he
presented a chapter of his thesis at the 2008
Midstates Conference on Undergraduate Research in Mathematics and Computer Science where it is published
in the conference proceedings.
Explorations of the Collatz Conjecture by Kelly Latourette
I advised Kelly in her honors project which she completed in December of 2007.